Thursday, July 03, 2008

Challenge

I found this blog and I can't stop reading it or thinking about this family. She has such a strong testimony of the gospel. Her story has inspired me to be a better mom and to live the gospel more fully. She wrote this in one of her posts:

"Take a minute for me tonight and record the little things your kids do right now. They don't even need to be cute things. Someday when your baby is grown you may even miss the food thrown on the ground or the face wiped on the sleeve. Cherish the little things. For the little things are the spice in life."

So I took her challenge & this is what I wrote down:

::Tanner::

-Always thinking & planning....Just like his dad!

-Favorite thing to say right now is "Mom, would I be home from school right now?"

-Is my big helper. He says I should pay him to do chores and help around the house. And mt response to him is...Nobody pays me to do what I do around the house. That is just what we need to do as a part of this family.

- Loves skateboarding.

-Draws trucks, cars, motorcycles. And is really good at it. I find papers of his drawings all over the house.

-Will come up and hug me and say I love you out of the blue. That is the best!

-Most the time is fighting with Carson. But there are those few times they are best friends.

::Carson::

- He gets so angry.

-He never wants attention. Is always worried that people are looking at him or that they might laugh at him.

-Loves animals.

-Has to have a cold water bottle with him every night when he goes to bed.

-Has a great imagination.

-Hates the taste or smell of mint.

-Comes to wake me up but never says anything. Will just pat my arm till I wake up.

-Writes his name all by himself.

::Crew::

-Will go the the drawer with dishtowels if he has spilled something. He will try to clean it up all by himself.

-Every time I open the fridge door he will take something out. It doesn't matter he just has to get something. A-1, dressing, ketchup. It's like a game.

-When the boys take their shirts off he hits them and wants to wrestle.

-Prefers mom to put him to bed or get him out of his crib in the morning.

-I love the way he motions his arm to tell us to come on.

-Refuses to say "mama". And if we ask him he will say "dada" & laughs. I think this is another one of his games.

-He knows our bedtime routine. After bath and he is dressed, he picks out a book or two and runs to the couch to read.


Anther message she wrote that really made me think was:

"So I guess my message for the day is -- Love your little ones--even the ones that drive you crazy. If you could see them the way God sees them -- you would be astounded at their glory. "


I challenge anyone else who wants to also do this challenge. It would be fun to read your lists. And it didn't take very long. And I know you are going to read her blog too. I just have to warn you.....You will for sure need tissue!! She has the ability to put into words the feelings I have of gratitude for our Savior's sacrifice and love.



4 comments:

chanel said...

This was so good of you. I will make my list, I was thinking about that when I read it, then I got too sad. She is amazing and man you just KNOW the gospel is true when you read her words.

And, umm, yeah, not jealous or anything over here- ARE YOU KIDDING ME??????? UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brad and Leslie said...

OK Amber - I just read that blog. It's a good thing I don't have make up on. I can feel for her - I have seen many parents go through what she is going through. She is amazing. How did you hear about this blog? Les

Cherine said...

That was an incredible story! That woman's blog touched me too. Thanks for sharing that. I was impressed with how much she documented the tragic accident and the photos too! She is so strong and the way she expressed herself is very impressive! Thanks I'll get my list together too! Thanks!

VivaLasFloyds said...

I came across this blog a couple of weeks ago. Powerful stuff. I can't believe her strength. Certainly a testimony of the holy ghost.