Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I started reading this book that Melissa recommended.

House of Testosterone
One mom's survival in a household of males
Sharon O'Donnell

I am about half way done with this book. It is pretty funny. I find that I can relate to a lot of the things she writes about. So all you people ( Jessica, Brooke, Melissa, Shaunna, Kim Baker) are going to want to read this book!! You can borrow mine when I'm done!

I thought these were funny:

Sure signs you're a mother of boys ( this is from her book )
  • You have to arrange two weeks ahead of time to take a bubble bath--and then must lock the door and scream, "I'm in the tub--ask Dad!" every three minutes.
  • You can get your sons to eat broccoli just by telling them whoever eats the most, wins.
  • You look forward to going the the dentist just so you can read a magazine and relax in a chair.
  • You daydream of resort hotels with a jacuzzi while they are perfectly content camping.

3 comments:

Mucho take it easy... said...

Alright-when you are done, we will swap. You can read Momzilla's.

Shaunna said...

Holy cow! Did I write this book? I guess I need a copy just to know that someone else there feels my pain! LOL!

Brooke said...

That's so funny! I can get my boys to do tons of stuff by saying "Bet you can't!" I'm going to have to stop doing that tho...not too good for prepping them for peer pressure huh!!!