Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Got it?

Tanner: "mom, what are you going to sew next?"

Mom: "I don't know. What do you think? Maybe a purse?"

Tanner: (rolling his eyes. Cause he gets irritated that I have so many purses) "You just got two new purses for christmas. But if you want to that will be easy."

Mom: "Oh yeah?"

Tanner: "You just have to take 2 sides. More than two if you want so it doesn't rip. 2 squares for the pockets. Buttons....if you want. 2 pieces for the straps and then sew the whole thing from the top to the bottom and then sew the other side.

And a zipper....I wouldn't worry about a zipper. That's too hard! Got it?"

Mom: "Got it. Sounds easy to me."

5 comments:

Jen Rose said...

That is funny! I'm glad he knows what he's talking about. He could really help us!

Anonymous said...

got it?!?! That should really be easy... And no dont worry about the zipper! that is so funny!! you should have him learn to sew too!!!

Cherine said...

Go Tan Man! He is one smart cookie!

Chanda said...

Don't get sucked into sewing purses! I did!! I have a purse pattern (for beginning sewers) that I will send to you it is really easy and everybody that I have made the purse for loves it!! Don't worry no zippers!!

Brad and Leslie said...

I love Tanner. He's so matter of fact. He is teaching Trevor a lot - he's in the middle of that 'I have to embellish everything I say' stage.