Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I get the award....

for mother of the year!! Yesterday afternoon Jen & I were busy working on jewelry. Tanner asked me if he could go in the front yard. I told him yes. He went out through the front door.
I thought Crew was playing behind me in the family room with Carson, but apparently he opened the front door & went outside too!
I went to answer the door when the door bell rang.
It was some lady asking me if "this was my child?"
I said yes it is. I didn't even know he went out there.
I was so embarrassed.
She said that he was a few houses down
walking in the street
with NO shoes on
and dragging Tanner's skateboard.
That meant that Tanner was not playing close to home if he didn't even see his little brother!
I am such a BAD mom!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! that is so funny! I think we all have those moments! Actually, I know we all do... Ive had a few of them myself!!

Brad and Leslie said...

Oh puh-leez! They're boys! If you don't lose them they'll go running anyways! :) Thank goodness for good neighbors!

Mucho take it easy... said...

Oh my gosh I am sorry, but I am cracking up right now! You must have been mortified!! We all know you are NOT a bad mom, but this is still kinda funny, especially since he was barefoot!!He just needed a mullett to go with it!

Cherine said...

That is scary and funny! Go Amber! =)

allykattt said...

Oh well, at least you were doing something important like making jewelry for me to snatch up and buy from you. Priceless!!! Trust me the competition for Mother of the year is fierce we have all had those horrible moments.

Alicia and I will be comin' by on Friday instead of Thursday I think. Mary's surgery is tomorrow so we may not make it over. See you soon.

Brooke said...

I'm proud of you for even posting this because I don't want to admit to a similar instance I've had :) Guilt SUCKS!!! We've all been there and I swear all you have to do is not pay attention for ONE second! It will make a great story for when he's older and we all know what an amazing and awesome mom you really are! You are the best Amber!

The Anderson Family said...

You are so not a bad mom!!! That is funny though. I've had a few of those moments where Katie left and I didn't know.

Jill said...

I can top that, but I wont online since I do like living with my children:) If what can happen when we turn our backs sometimes wasn't so not funny, it might be really really funny!

Emily said...

You are a great Mom. At least you didn't deny him and say he wasn't yours right! ;)

Jen Rose said...

That was hillarious. But not in a funny way. Does that make sense? I'm just as much to blame. I'm beading away and tuning everyone and everthing out....that is terrible! I'm sorry I wasn't a better friend there!

chanel said...

thats pretty funny. I say totally blame Tanner!