Tuesday, October 21, 2008

*The weather has been so nice lately. Not quite soup weather yet but.....we had soup for dinner tonight. At least everyone ate it. Well almost everyone. Crew took two bites. Does that count? Later tonight I felt a bottom molar cutting through. That must have been the reason why.

*I bought a pumpkin tonight at the store. It is a big one too. Wanted to get it before it was too late and they are all gone. I think we will just carve one this year. It will have to be a group effort.

*We had pack meeting tonight. The boys did the raingutter regatta. We had an extra boat so Brian & Tanner made one too. I talked Tanner into painting it pink. He went for it. I think our boat looked pretty rad if you ask me.

*Tanner stopped the ice cream truck before we left to the church. By the way, I hate the ice cream truck!!!! We sometimes have 3 different ones in our neighborhood. Can you say ghetto? Anyways Tanner bought some candy cigarettes. You know the ones we used to buy from the ice cream truck too when we were little. Well these ones are different. It just says candy on the package and smoke doesn't come out of the end when you blow on it. Well we weren't allowed to buy them anymore when my mom found out.
So Tanner got the same lecture tonight.

6 comments:

Jill said...

I hate the ice cream truck too! Did I ever tell you one plowed into us and totalled our car when we lived by my mom. He was obviously drunk or High on something. They definitely make my crap list.

Cherine said...

I remember that candy! I think my mom got mad when we bought those too but I told her I was being like Grandma Rachel and well she was mad even more!

Brooke said...

We had soup the other night too..so yummy. But for REALS I'm crackin UP at the candy cirgarettes Tanner bought!!! So dang funny!!! It's funny being on the other end of it, like now your the mom telling him he can't buy them anymore ;)

Emily said...

Those things look startlingly real don't they! The things they think will make a great candy!

chanel said...

yay for you starting to get in the fall mood! soup and pumpkins- awesome!!!
um, i just bought candy cigarettes for my husbands stocking TODAY. inappropriate??? i think i need the duke family talking to! i blame it on nostalgia!

Leah said...

So funny about the candy cigarettes, I thought they stopped making those!? I guess the icecream truck carries all sorts of contraband!