Don't you hate when you prepare a lesson for church on Saturday night at 11:00pm. Only to remember Sunday morning that you don't have to teach because it is fast sunday? That is what I did last week. I was so mad at myself.
So now I am preparing a different lesson for this Sunday. It is on Encouraging Enjoyable Family Activities. It talks about how sometimes family activities can become traditions. We have this activity that we do every friday night. The boys can't wait for Fridays & they always remind us that it is "Movie Night"!! Tonight we watched Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium. It is a really cute movie. I think that this is going to be a family tradition of ours.
I don't remember any specific family activities from growing up that became traditions. But I do remember doing lots of fun things together as a family. I think my favorite would have to be when we would go to the Gateway & Wyoming park & play kickball as a family. We always had enough players. And we always had lots of fun!
What are some of your family traditions or activities that your family does together?
8 comments:
"We always had enough players" Too funny.
I say we start playing kick-ball with the boys. Can u imagine? That would be SO fun!.
Amber, Do you remember friday pizza night, and the donuts Mom and Dad would bring home for us if we were good for the babysitters. Or how about the Sand dunes! We always did fun stuff!
I like jessica's idea about kick-ball! That would be fun, we'd so be in.
Our family would always "have enough players" for baseball. great memories!
We'd have pizza every Fri. night for dinner and then we'd all get to sleep on the living room floor and then my parents would buy us Winchell's on Sat. morning.
Because we never went out to play on Sundays we'd get in our jammies right after church and build forts with my mom's dining chairs and quilting frames. Those were the days!!! Fun post!
I think we'll do something as a family for a while and get burned out and then start something else. All except Christmas traditions. You know the numbering on all the presents so we had no clue whos was whos. The goal was to find my Moms key. But usually she would lose it only to insue an argument with my Dad and then find it like in her robe pocket!!!...oh Jean Jean the Dancin Machine!!!
We have chicken lettuce wraps for christmas eve dinner for as long as I can remember and my mom would always let us do fashion shows by dressing up in her clothes and we'd make a "catwalk" with all her wood aerobic steps from the ward that led from the stair into the living room. Everything usually was centered around some sort of food. It still is.
Ok, first happy belated birthday! I'm a little behind on my blog reading. Second, sorry we didn't get to talk the other day when I saw you. It looked like you were in a hurry. And, that is a great Friday night tradition. We should get a group together and go to the drive-ins to see a movie before it's too hot.
Mom has here blog up
I like that all my kids come and have dinner with us on the first sunday of the month.
Post a Comment