
When we were growing up we folded our laundry on the fireplace. It was the perfect spot. On both sides of the fireplace were cushions where we spread everything out. And then the clothes that needed to be hung up went right along the mantel. I hated folding laundry. I think because there was always so much of it. Well that is still my least favorite chore. Folding and putting away laundry.
When my laundry comes out of the dryer it always goes on my bed. I wish I had a bigger laundry room. After it is folded the boys have to put their own clothes away. That helps me out a lot but there is still the stuff that needs to hang up and our clothes, Crew's, towels and anything else. If I put this off and it's time to go to bed and the laundry is not folded or put away. Then yep, you guessed it. It ends up on the floor. I just hate this part of laundry.
Where do you fold your laundry?
12 comments:
I fold it on the recliner or couch while keeping an eye on Michael and Abigail! I don't know why I mind laundry. I HATE DISHES!
I am sooooo with you. It's not even a big deal to put it in the washer or dryer. It's the folding and putting away that's the worst. Sometimes I do good with it, but mostly NOT!
I've been famous for folding it and leaving it in baskets for weeks until it dwindles down to a few items and I've rewashed what had been in there previously! I just got a new washer and dryer in January and so I've cleared it off to fold and pile up the folded stuff, but there are always huge piles on top!
It's funny you do a post on laundry, because I have been pumped that I got compeletly caught up this weekend ---you know when it's not only ALL washed, but folded AND put away/hung.I'm referring to linens too-(now, my mom doesn't consider laundry to be "done" unless the ironing is all done too. Whatever.)But,I have so many high maintenance items that have to be washed and dried a certain way, so for me to be caught up is a miracle. There are A TON of things that I absolutely do not dry in the dryer.I am only totally caught up a few times a year. Maybe a couple times a quarter at best.
I fold mine on my bed while I
listen to music. It's so relaxing. I actually LOVE folding (because my OCD side can come out and be completely free) but putting it away is the pain.It's these times that all of the clothes are put away that I realize that, "man, I need more hangers", or " some of this crap can go to the D.I." Let's face it:it's not going anywhere, so we might as well learn to enjoy at least one aspect of it. :)
I fold my laundry on my bed too. And on the floor it goes when it is time for bed!! I so remember the fireplace folding area as a kid!!
I fold my laundry on our couch...and it usually stays there a day or two before it gets put away!! Oh well...what are you going to do:) I still need to come over...I just haven't had a chance.
You are assuming I DO laundry!!!! Ok, so most of the time Kevin folds because he is tired of seeing it sit in a laundry basket (clean) on our bedroom floor. So mostly it gets folded on the floor in the living room so we can watch TV. of course then the kids trample it around the house and it ends up back in a basket on my floor!
I have to vacuum my rug in the front room first so my clean clothes stay clean! Then I put a movie on and fold away. I make Connor fold too. The hanging stuff up always takes longer.... btw my vacuum isn't working well and I'm hating life!! But I'm gonna say cleaning the tub is my least favorite thing to clean. I always put it off.... maybe cuz it's just kinda awkward to clean.
Oh ya, the drying thing... I hardly dry any of my shirts and some of my shorts and stuff. I have this drying rack in my garage and I love it. No more shrinking clothes and no more clothes hanging all over the house!
I fold the clothes standing in front of the dryer. I stack them on top of the dryer. I'm starting to feel like this might be odd (reading all the answers here...)
Ugh, laundry! Well, for me it is out of sight out of mind. My new system is to keep one of those 6 load laundry sorters in the wide part of our hallway so that I can constatntly see the state of things. And then when it comes out, if I don't keep it in the front room its just so easy to ignore and it ends up all over the floor eventually. Blah. Katy is a big help with keeping the loads going.
ok...you know I hate laundry. I hate that my laundry room is downstairs. I hate that I am constantly checking to see if the clothes are done. I hate folding. I HATE putting away. But, when it's all done, I am one happy camper. Oh, and I fold in my bedroom. Easier to put away.
Post a Comment