Wednesday, September 03, 2008

I woke up early yesterday morning. 3am early. With a stomach ache.
I could never go back to sleep. I had flu symptoms starting at 4am.
I haven't been sick like this in a long time.
I couldn't even get out of bed.

Thanks to:
Brian who helped me in the morning with getting Tanner off to school. And who came home early & took the boys to mcdonalds & out of the house for a couple of hours.

My mom who came & got the little boys for the morning. That saved me.
I was able to just rest & not have to take care of their needs.

Cherine who heard I was sick & called her mom & dad
to bring me some gatorade & 7up.
Thanks Paul & Jean

Jen who offered many times to bring me something......but most of all kept me
company on the phone a few times during the day!

Leah who ding-dong ditched me.
I got a little gift bag with a magazine, soup, crackers, drinks, & jello.
That was a nice surprise!

Leslie who brought Tanner home from school.

Kim who heard from "Yo mom" that I was sick & sent me a text last night.
I love her text messages! (haha!!)
They always make me smile!

I am feeling much better today. Glad that didn't last very long.
And crossing my fingers that no one else gets it!!!!
It's nice to know that family & friends are always there to help you.
I like to think that I have the best of both family & friends.
Thanks everyone!!!!

5 comments:

Brad and Leslie said...

I'm glad you feel better. Tanner is a crack up. He's just so cute -he reminds of Trevor in so many ways... his raspy little voice, the way he exhudes his confidence all the while being totally nervous about whatever he's talking about, and just being a sweet boy in general. But definitely all boy at the same time! Little boys just pull at my heart strings!

Mucho take it easy... said...

You didn't happen to eat at Pepe's taco shop did you? Just kidding! That is a bummer you were sick like that. That is the worst when you are knocked down out of nowhere. I'm glad you are feeling better. As a matter of fact, why don't I make another batch of Rolo cookies to celebrate you feeling better. I have been needing an excuse for a couple of days now. This is more than appropriate. ;)

Brooke said...

Man I feel like I'm outta the loop! So sorry you've been sick!! That sucks when you can't do all the stuff you usually do. Good thing you have so many friends and family around to help out. And it's because YOU are one of the first people who help anyone around you when we need it! We love you Amber!

Cherine said...

Glad you are feeling better! I HATE being that "kind " of sick!!!!

Sara said...

I am so sorry! I had no idea. Sometimes I wonder where my head is at. I wish I had known. I could have come and painted your toes or something. I would offer to clean your house, but I have never even seen your house dusty!