This is the 3 foot hole we started digging this weekend for the trampoline to go in. The ground was so hard. Not really fun! I thought that we were going to have it all done on Saturday. Brian just laughed at me. Did I already say that digging is not that fun? I know it will be worth it in the end. It is just a lot of work. Tanner helped so much. He was out there using the pick and shoveling. He is such a hard worker. Carson chose to hang out. He went back & forth from chillin watching a movie to outside with us riding his bike. And Crew just had fun getting dirty. I hope that when the boys get older they will say that they are thankful that their dad & maybe mom taught them to work hard. I know I think about that. When we were growing up we always had to work together as a family. I just hope that my boys will have good memories of that too.
7 comments:
Oh the child labor laws that dad was breaking putting us to work!! just kidding! I am grateful for those life lessons now! Digging a hole does not seem like that much fun!
Yikes, so when do you think you will be enjoying the tramp? That looks like hard work. Hurry...before it gets too hot.
About a year ago I was doing some yard work at a ward service project. The missionaries had also come out to help and it was very obvious that while one was perfectly willing to help, he had never worked outside a day in his life! I told myself then that I never wanted that to be my kids. I want them all to know their way around a shovel. Good for you guys! When Tanner grows up he is going to know that he can get a job done.
I love it. I love the life lessons our kids are learning. And the memories they are making. I agree it's so important to teach them to work right along with us. You guys are great parents.
Your boys are so cute!I love the pics.
How fun to have a trampoline! That digging doesn't sound fun, but I think it's important for families to work together too. I think the boys will appreciate the trampoline that much more =).
My kids would love working outside, as long as I let them get dirty. You can't call them slaves when they're having fun, can you?
Post a Comment