Thursday, May 08, 2008

Random things

  • Brian left for Maui yesterday. Even though I already went on my trip, I was a little jealous. I wanted to go too!! But he told me that he wanted to come to NY with me too. Some people have asked why we went on separate trips. I don't know. Maybe next year will have to be one just Brian & I.

  • Tanner's soccer game was canceled for this saturday. I need to think of something fun to do. Springs preserve? Skate park? A movie....Speedracer? Not sure yet.

  • I am so excited for Ryan to come home! And also to see Candace's family & hopefully Russ & Caitlin too. (Please come you guys!)
  • I folded and put away 6 loads of laundry yesterday. There is a pile of towels on my bed still and one in the dryer. But I'm ok with that. It feels good. Now if only I could wave a magic wand and have my floors be mopped. Why do I hate housework so much? Maybe cause it is never ending?
  • Carson's new thing this week is that he wants to be "a black bear catcher when he grows up." I think the little bear that he got at the museum gift shop last weekend has a lot to do with that.

11 comments:

Patti said...

Maybe I will see Brian! You never know...

Anonymous said...

Love the randoms, I cannot wait to see Ryan, Candace and family and Russ and Caitlin too! I hate chores too! I have the same pile in my room! But Wow 6 loads that is impressive!

Cherine said...

Oh I need to do laundry after my Twilight epidemic I am doomed! Carson is a funny kid!!! I think you and Brian should come up here for longer then two days so we can play more with the cuz's! =)

Caitlin said...

That would be so crazy if my Mom saw Brian!

I hope we get to come down, too.

Melody said...

I am with ya...I'll totally admit I hate cleaning the house and doing laundry, it stinks! Love the black bear catcher, that is sooo cute! Wow! Ryan's coming home already? Man, times flies.

Candace said...

i think i am the most excited to see all of YOU guys!

I always think that I'm ahead of my laundry & then it needs to be done again before i know it. sucks.

Jennifer said...

I would love if our family could plan 4 little vacations a year- a mommy's getaway, a daddy's getaway, a parents' getaway, and of course a whole family getaway. Wouldn't that be great? I'm assuming Ryan is coming home from a mission? Where is he serving? My baby brother Kristopher is graduating next month and will turn 19 in October, so we're excited for his upcoming mission. I hate housework too, and I got a good chuckle from this quote from Phyllis Diller- "cleaning your house while you still have children at home is like shoveling your sidewalk while it's still snowing." I know you don't get snow in Vegas, but I thought it was cute. Sorry this is so long!

Jennifer said...

It is such a small world! My husband is from Alberta. He grew up in a small town in a Calgary stake, but his brothers all lived in Edmonton during their college years. I bet Ryan met some more mutual friends! I'm so glad you're in for the play day =). Feel free to invite more friends too! I'll send more details as I plan them =).

chanel said...

don't forget me! Im COMING!!! you know i'll be showing up around your parents. :) LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!

and the seperate trips are crazy but i love it, sounds like something we'd do! ;)

Mucho take it easy... said...

I love "random" posts. They are the ones that are the most interesting or funny. I love that Carson wants to be a bear catcher. He was crackin me up at soccer practice!

Jen Rose said...

I love when Carson comes up with funny things. And, Tanner - he is so SMART. I love how he told me all about Brian shooting a deer in Maui. Kind of like I was an idiot and didn't know all the meat had to go in seperate coolers. Love those kids. If you go on a vacation with Brian....can it only be for a weekend? I'd miss you too much!