Wednesday, January 09, 2008
What's next?
Tanner went back to school on Monday after Christmas break. I was so happy! Finally we were going to be getting back to our routine & schedule around here. Well I wasn't home for long when I get a call from the school nurse. She said that he was crying & said that his stomach hurt. He told her that he was sick all last week. OK he was sick on Saturday. I was going to kill this kid. So I went to get him. Brought him home & he laid on the couch for a half hour & then was up asking for pudding and running around. It didn't take him long before he started picking on Carson & then the fighting began. He didn't complain again about his stomach hurting till the next day when it was time to walk out the door for school. Well after lots of questions....Come to find out that he was worried & nervous about going back to school. I think this kid has some anxiety issues. I don't think I can handle this every time he goes back after a break. What's going to be next.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm sorry! Hopefully he'll out grow it as he gets more confident in the school setting!
does he have anxiety over other things? my jacob is bad. elevators. movies. the kid worries about everything.... i wish i could hear his thoughts and really know what he finds frightening about all of it.
he has your number! Man I hate when our kids figure us out. Im sure he'll get over it very soon. If not you can ship him my way.
-the soup turned out great by the way. Thanks!
Aww, poor guy. I was like that as a kid. My kids aren't though, they don't have a chance with Jason but it's hard because when I was like this, I would freak out inside. No crying or screamin but I would literally make myself sick about it. I grew out of it when I got older so hopefully he will. Is he really shy? I was and I think that has a lot to do with it too.
Post a Comment