Monday, January 14, 2008

"Buttered" Noodles

**from Deceptively Delicious Cookbook**

8 oz pasta
1/2 cup yellow squash puree
1/4 cup nonfat milk
2 tablespoons fat free soft tub margarine spread
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
1/4 teaspoon salt

Cook pasta according to directions on package. Drain, return the pasta to the warm pot, and stir in the squash puree (make sure the puree is very creamy), milk, margarine, Parmesan, and salt.
*We had this for dinner tonight and it was pretty good. If I make pasta this is how I fix it (minus the puree) because the boys won't eat red spaghetti sauce. So to them it was not anything different......except they got their veggies!! I added a little more butter then the recipe called for & also sprinkled more cheese on top. Just thought I would share. I have 2 more on the menu for this week so we will see how they go. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Cherine said...

Hmmm...Yum thanks for sharing. I need to get that book!

Leah and Dustin said...

Sounds yummy! I wonder if it would work with real butter? I can't wait to hear about your other recipes!