Monday, August 27, 2007

1st Grade

Tanner's first day of school. I have to admit that I was kind of nervous for him starting 1st grade. At breakfast this morning he said that his stomach kind of hurt. So I asked him if he was a little nervous. He wanted to know what that meant so I asked him if he was wondering what his teacher looked like & what his classroom would be like. Or if he wondered who his new friends would be or what the rules would be. And if he was excited to eat lunch at school & excited that he gets to play on the big kid playground now. Then he said "yeah I guess I'm a little nervous". He did so good when we dropped him off. He met his teacher & went right in his line & said bye to us. I think he will have a good day. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Things are going to be a lot different around here at our house with Tanner being gone all day. My house will probably stay cleaner. He will not be here to upset or fight with Carson! But I am going to miss him. I will miss him out of the blue telling me that he loves me. Or when he is always willing to be my big helper. I will miss making top ramen everyday for lunch. I will miss the otter pop trash everywhere(well maybe not) . Carson & Crew will miss him too! Look at these boys!

10 comments:

Kimberly Church said...

that picture is so good of all of them. You will have to tell us how it went for him!

Jen Rose said...

That made ME cry and I was worried about you crying! :( I know he will do so good. I can already tell he's gonna be a little heartbreaker. Did he pick out his new clothes today?

Mucho take it easy... said...

Jules was nervous this morning-so it cracks me up that (as Brian would say) his girlfriend Tanner was a little on the nervous side too.
They'll be fine. I can't wait until we can swap stories later.

raeday said...

That picture is so cute of all 3 of them together! hope he had a good first day!

Heather said...

He looks so big...hope it all works out and he's not nervous tomorrow.

chanel said...

what a great way to help him understand his feelings- im sure he'll have a great day! he's so cute! That last picture is ADORABLE!!! How fun!

Candace said...

oh, he's so big!

that last photo is adorable.

Brooke said...

I love your boys so much. They are such good boys. You are killing with me about Tanner going to school. That is such a big deal! It will never be the same. He will do so great though & he will love it.

Cherine said...

Hey Amber thats a cute kid of yours!!! Sorry that I didn't hang out much when I was down there. I felt like crap. P.S I don't know if I have this blogging thing down

Caitlin said...

Tanner looks so old. It's cute that he admitted that he was a little nervous.