Thursday, August 13, 2009

My thoughts & feelings

First off.....thanks everyone for your sweet comments!! I love you!


* When we opened the envelope with the results from the ultrasound in it----I laughed and Carson ran into my room and had a good cry. He was so upset. My sweet Carson had his little heart set on a sister. Well we all did! Carson just cried for all of us!

* Ultrasounds are not always right. Right? I have heard stories. Maybe it’s really a girl. Even though he said he was 99.9% sure?

* I really wanted to tell Lauren that she would have another girl cousin that lives here in Las Vegas & that she would no longer be the only girl at family dinner! Oh how I really wanted to tell her that.

*Everyone we know that is pregnant has all the same (either all boys or all girls) and they have had or are having the opposite. What? That is not fair. Why couldn’t that happen to us?

* Honestly I really just wanted to experience a little girl. What would she have looked like? I wanted to shop in the girl section, buy dolls and playhouses, decorate a room pink! You get the idea.

* I have had these horrible thoughts that when these boys are all grown up and married....will they come home for holidays or will they go home to their new family? Will I be THAT mother in law?

* The chinese calendar & the needle and thread are NOT ACCURATE!!!! Don’t ever believe them!

* I don’t want to pick another boy name. We already had a girl name picked out. Now the stress of naming another boy. Boys names are hard!



But really when it comes down to it.....my boys are awesome and pretty darn cute! So I couldn’t be happier. This will forever be my castle and I will always be the queen. And it will be full of swords, guns, fighting, and just a bunch of craziness!! But I will still probably forever be blamed for nasty bodily functions!

Oh well. I can deal with that.


What can I say??


I’M A BOY MOM!!

11 comments:

Jen Rose said...

That was a cute post! I wanted to laugh and cry!

Shaunna said...

How sweet! There's nothing like little boys and their moms! I feel your pain though. Maybe in another life...

Hannah said...

I really wanted to cry but i can't cry anymore just kidding!!!! thanks for the post!!:) i luv you!!!:)

jodie@eighteen25 said...

that was so cute! you're a great mom!
(when no one is looking...you could dress him like a girl...just to see what she would look like?!?)

Leah said...

Dustin will be happy to know that "the needle" LIES! It says we should have one more.YIKES!
It could be a girl... there's always that chance(we know how that is)but you are the BEST boy Mom.

Marylin said...

Oh I concur with Jen, I wanted to laugh and cry while reading it! You are such an amazing Mom and if you ever want to borrow one of my girls for a few months you are more than welcome anytime!! :) Congrats on the boy! The best part about Boys is they LOVE they Mamas!!!!

Jill said...

I envy the simplicity. Boy stuff, check.
Can't wait to meet him, and hear the name. I love your boy names.

Cherine said...

Amber I am excited to be an auntie again. Lauren,and Abigail will just be tough. Sorry my bro can't shoot a girl. Your boys are the best and you are the best suited to raise all boys. AND yes you are QUEEN

Candace said...

i've needed to call you! i've been so busy! ugh.

hey, maybe we could do a swap. i don't think that i'm ever going to have a boy. ;)

chanel said...

AMBER!
First I am completely impressed with such a REAL post. You have me crying. Not that I am sad for you, but I understand that "want". I guess the only thing I can say is Heavenly Father ALWAYS sends the child you're supposed to have, and for me it is WHEN He wants me to have them. I bet this little guy is going to be the biggest heart-melter yet. You're little buddy, the one, if not the 4th who MUST bring his family to moms for holidays and meals. YOU will be the BEST MIL, b/c you're aware AND you will just be in love with girls around. You'll really appreciate your DIL.

and ps- pink rooms are very overrated- they can look like pepto spilled all over- yuck.

The Carlson Family said...

I love your post. Congratulations of the new boy addition. I remind myself, everyday, that boys need special care and training because who is going to marry all those cute girls out there. Being a boy mom is a very special calling. You will just have to do what Janet did, She has adopted me as her daughter. So think of it as you haven't met your new daughters yet!!!!!