Thursday, May 28, 2009

Why....


...do you have to grow up?

...can't you stay little?

...can't I bottle you up and keep you just like this?

You are so fun right now. You can communicate so much more with me. I can pretty much understand what you are telling me. You repeat everything! You have such a cute little laugh and smile. You are sad when I leave. You watch me pull out of the driveway and you wave to me. You love me when I get home. You give me lots of kisses. You let me hold you. You know you are the baby & you know how to get your way. And you also know how to get the big boys in trouble. You scream at the top of your lungs and then mommy gets mad at them. Then you get what you want. You are so happy in the morning and want to snuggle. You hug my neck so tight. I love the way you hook your little hand around me.
I just love you and want to keep you just the way you are!


Why do you have to grow up?

10 comments:

Jen Rose said...

I love this post! And, I love that boy!

Jill said...

sweet!

Sara said...

I am feeling that way right now too! This was so tender and sweet. pull this post out when he is 15! It will remind you that you used to like him. kidding!

the Dover Family said...

I do remember those days. Embrace them like you are, they don't last long :( However, teenagers are awesome too. :)

Anonymous said...

oh how sweet! he is a love bum. when you find that bottle let me know... I have a certain little guy Id like to bottle up too!! I saw the boys at the baseball game last night!

Brad and Leslie said...

I miss that age so much. So lovey dovey - if it makes you feel any better, Trev still give me hugs - just cuz. :)

Heather & Greg said...

This post is so cute. I can totally relate! Why do they have to grow so fast?

Cherine said...

He is so big it is crazy. I love that he likes to hang out with Abigail. I hope they become close cousins even though we will be further. Come make a family trip to Texas. It would be a blast!!!

Brad and Leslie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
chanel said...

you make me so happy to have a baby boy & look forward to him being older- but NOT TOO OLD! I HEAR YA ON THAT!