Thursday night Crew had some itchy spots on his lower stomach. I gave him some benadryl thinking it was hives. On Friday morning when he woke up he was scratching like crazy. I gave him some more benadryl. I sent him to the babysitters house because he was fine. He stopped itching and he didn't have a fever or anything. I ran some errands & got all packed and ready to go out of town. The plan was to leave around 2:30. Well when I picked him up from the babysitter he started crying when I picked him up to carry him to the car. He cried all the way home. I carried him into the house and put him on my bed. I was going to rub some cream on him & give him some more benadryl when I noticed that his knees, elbows, and ankles where swollen, red and hot when I touched them. I got on the phone & tried to call his doctor & his allergy doctor. All I could do was leave messages. I knew something was not right. This was crazy & has never happened to him before.
Jen came over to wait till we went out of town & I decided to go get Tanner out of school early so I could take Crew to the urgent care. Crew fell asleep & I left to go get Tanner. As I was walking up to the school the nurse from the doctor's office called me back. She suggested that I call 911. She was worried that he might stop breathing if he was having an allergic reaction. I panicked & called Jen. I told her to stay right by him and watch his breathing while he was sleeping. As I was driving home from the school I called 911. Tanner was so scared. He kept asking me "you really have to call 911?" Within a few minutes the firetruck showed up. All 4 of them came into my room & started checking him out. Then the ambulance got there. They didn't know what was going on but said that he was ok with all his vitals and breathing. They said that he definatley needed to be checked out. We headed to UMC pediatric urgent care. We really didn't have a long wait at all. They said that he had inflammatory condition called vasculitis. Gave us a prescription for a steroid & tylenol with codeine and we were off. We met Brian at home & loaded up to get on the road. I am so releived that Crew was OK. It sure was a scare!! Thanks to everyone who helped me. You know who you are! :)
7 comments:
Girl...that was scary! And, it was no big deal to not make those mother's day necklaces! Not the crowd for those! HA! Glad Crew is ok!
I hate it when I feel like I'm guessing when it comes to my kids. When I do take them in it's usually nothing and when I don't take them in they end up really sick. Crazy! Glad he feels better.
Wow, that is scary I am so glad he is okay.
Oh gosh! Poor boy!! So glad he is ok, but that is crazy and scary!
Mom told me and it freaked me out. Oh Poor Crew Bear! I am so glad he is better!
oh so scary! do you know what caused it? and where are you going? im so behind! :)
glad he's better!!
Hey girl how scary is that? I have nightmares for the day that I have to call 911. I am so overprotected and Jake lets me know it. So is it just a one time thing or will it come back? it sounds pretty weird. And where were you off too?
Post a Comment