Sunday, June 03, 2007

"I pulled a Jen Rose"

I got this really cute (fake) COACH purse when I was with Jen. We asked how much it was and the lady told us it was $45. When she walked away Jen said "You should ask if they would take $40 for it." Well by the time I decided that yes I was going to buy it Jen went to wait for me. I walked up and & at the last minute thought..what will it hurt just to ask. I asked her if she would take $40 for the purse. Well she went to ask "the boss" and guess what??? She came back & said ok.!!!! OK that kind of stuff never happens to me. Well maybe because I don't ever ask. Anyways I walked away so happy! When I walked back to Jen & Susie I was laughing. Jen asked why I was laughing at myself & I said "I pulled a Jen Rose!" For some reason I just could not stop laughing at myself. Maybe because I have never done that! And it actually worked.
So back to the purse..........isn't it so cute. Score me!!

8 comments:

Jen Rose said...

I'm so proud of you! Now you can take that $5.00 and buy a Krispy Kreme or something.

Caitlin said...

I love the idea of bargaining (because I am so cheap) but I hate actually doing it.

Caitlin said...

Totally cute bag, by the way.

Patti said...

um, I love the bag. I would have bought the same exact bag.

Emily said...

That is the cutest purse! I love getting a good deal. You feel like a million bucks!

Candace said...

you are so funny. i'm just like you. i don't have any guts.

way to go & cute bag!

Heather said...

The bag is so you! Congrats on the price.

Ryan said...

thats AWESOME!!!
We were looking for motels on our trip and they were all so expensive, I told Ryan to just offer a price, not ask, he couldn't do it. We laughed really hard b/c the one time he was going to offer 40 bucks the room was normally 90. Yeah we're cheapos. Glad it worked for you!