Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Womens conference


I got to go to women's comference this year with my mom and sisters.
Well except for Heather.
Steve got really sick right before and she needed to be home.
And it ended up being a good thing. Because he got even worse.
But we for sure missed her.
We will have to plan going again.
All of us!

I really enjoyed all my classes that I heard.
We even managed to have a little fun.
Ate some ice cream at the creamery at 11pm with a bunch of crazy lds ladies.
Went to a concert. (lds style of course!)
Did some shopping at Joann's and ikea.
Went and met Aunt GayLynn & Chanda for some yummy lunch.
We had a really nice trip.

Oh and I learned some too.

I learned:
* To prioritize my time with the essential & necessary things.
* How to establish a lasting relationship.
* Better Communication in marriage.
* There is no one perfect way to be a good mother.
* How to find happiness in the daily things.
* Saying yes (to other things) means saying no to your children.
* Simplify. -- material things/activities/reduce your screen time.
* Mom sets the mood. Have a good attitude.
* Be your own style of mom. Do what you do best!
* Share your testimony with your children.  It doesn't have to be scheduled or scripted.
* Laugh when you want to cry.
* Enjoy the present.  Have you lived happily.
* Pray always.
* The greatest example of service is the love of a mother.
* The most important work we will do here on earth is in our home.

5 comments:

Patti said...

That's so fun. I love Womens' Conference. I hope you stayed in the dorms. :)

Cherine said...

How fun! You know the 3 years I was there in Provo I never went to Womens Conference. I was able to hit up Education Week though.

Looks like you had a grand old time.
You girls look as pretty as ever!!!

Mandi Roth said...

Amber, we've met a few times. I'm good friends with Melissa. I just wanted to say I LOVE women's conference. i wish i could go every year. I remember when i went i learned so much and it was awesome. I love the list of things you learned. I think they are great!! If you want to see my blog let me know. it's private, I'm not some weirdo!! :) I love that you went with your sisters and mom. So Fun!!!

Mandi Roth said...

Oh an i hope you don't mind i commented. :)

Shaunna said...

It was so nice to see you and sit by you in one session. I am so glad we met up! You look so great and I am glad you had so much fun with the ladies in your family!