Sunday, May 23, 2010

* We are almost done with our backyard.  Finally!  This has been a 5 year or more project.  I am so excited to finally be done with dirt.  So within the next couple weeks we will have some grass & plants.  Pictures to come.  Cause I will be so excited to show you!

* Do you ever wake up in the morning and you are not quite sure what day it is?  Well that happened to me on Saturday morning.  Not sure why?  I was happy when I realized that it was actually Saturday & we didn't have to do the normal routine in the morning.

* Crew has picked up on a bad word.  (thanks to Brian!)  I had to pop him in his mouth a couple times this week.

* Tanner saw a commerciall for the new Wii that now comes in black.  He was so excited to tell Brian.  But he said that we could just spray paint ours.  Nice!  Note to self:  Hide ALL spray paint! Quick!

* Brian's new favorite channel is HGTV.  I'm not complaining.  Much better than hunting & fishing channels.  I think it is because of all his hard work he has been doing in the yard?  Plus we have been dreaming of remodeling our kitchen?

*  Things have been better here since I have started ONE LOAD A DAY.  I do one load of laundry a day.  And that is it.  Then it is for sure that it will be all folded and put away at the end of the day.  I am loving that there is not laundry all over my room or all over my bed.  Oh and that the boys can find their clothes and socks in the morning.  Makes things a lot smoother. And I am happier.

*  I have also given myself some mini cleaning projects.  One a day.  I have skipped some days because I have been lazy.  But this is what I have gotten done:  cleaned the outside of kitchen cupboards, cleaned under couch & TV, cleaned the master shower (yes that was a project! I hate doing that so it gets skipped a lot!), clean the outside & under fridge, clean my closet, clean out Crew's drawer.

* Brian found a wallet this week in a diveway to a gas station.  He brought it home.  There was no cash or checkbook.  Only credit cards her ID and a lot of gift cards.  Her insurance cards were in there too.  So I called the Wynn and left a message for her husband.  The next morning I called Harrah's with no luck.  She did not work there but they have 9 properties. So I searched the phone book and internet when I finally had the idea to serach on facebook for her.  I was in luck!  I sent her a message & within 20 minutes she called me.  She was so happy.  She came right over to get it & gave me a big hug.  Tried to give $ but I wouldn't take it.  The next day we got a delivery from nothing bunt cakes as a thank you.  And now we are friends on facebook! And Brian said facebook is a waste of time.  All I have to say is that I think I would be a really good private investigator.

3 comments:

Jen Rose said...

* i am so excited for your backyard! The boys will love it! Sorry it took so long.
* i pretty much wake up everyday wondering what day it is. i'm thinking that's pathetic.
* that's my favorite story of crew. i can't wait to hear it in person. wait...he shouldn't be saying it. oops.
* spray paint?? you are kidding me. i love that boy!
* i love that brian is watching HGTV. maybe it will get him motivated for your bigger projects. then you can send him over to my house.
* i am so proud of your ONE LOAD A DAY! doesn't that just feel so good?
* this i am jealous of. i need to start a cleaning project chart. you are always motivating!
* i LOVE that you found her on facebook! that is crazy! and now your besties. that should qualify will a nothing bundt cake right??

Gary and Michelle said...

I loved hearing your dislike of cleaning the shower. I'm so there and it's nice to know I'm not the only one. Sounds like you've been busy and productive. Good for you!

Cherine said...

Brian is such a tard! But glad he is watching HGTV. So better then his usual.
Mom told me about the backyard projects. so fun! I want to see pictures!