Saturday, May 15, 2010

Friday 5.14.10


We were at St Rose hospital all day.
We got there at 10 am and didn't leave till 5pm.
It was a long day.

Greyson had to have a procedure done and be circumcised.
He had his last bottle at 4am and pedilite at 8am.
He was starting to get really hungry around 11:30.
And we were still in the waiting room.
I went and asked how much longer it would be.
I was told that the doctor's first case took longer then expected.
And Gresyon was her 3rd case.
Great! I was getting irritated because I was getting hungry.
And I knew he was too. 
Well Greyson did great.  Everyone there was loving him.
He would just smile at anyone who would talk to him.

They finally took him from us around 1:45.
The nurse wrapped him in a warm blanket.
He didn't even cry.

The surgery seemed to take forever.
I'm not gonna lie. I was getting worried. 
Probably because the night before I had already thought of all the worst things possible that could happen.
The dr finally came out.
She said all went well and he did great.
We went back in recovery and poor bubba was mad. 
All he wanted was to eat.

After he drank 4 ounces and kept that down we were able to leave.
He slept really good last night. And this morning he was his happy little self.
I am so happy to have this behind us.

6 comments:

Britta said...

Glad all went well. Poor lil guy! Good thing they can't remember one day to the next, huh?!

Jen Rose said...

Oh poor Bubba! I was so sad when he couldn't eat! I'm glad everything went well!

p.s. it's just crazy how much he loves you. ha!

Candace said...

kids & babies in hospital gowns always melt my heart. I'm glad it's over & things are running smoothly for you today!

chanel said...

he looks so precious in that picture! glad everything went well. hospitals with babies are scary, you're such a brave mom!

Anonymous said...

i hate seeing babies in hospital gowns too!!! Poor little guy!!! Im glad its over!!!

Cherine said...

Yes, I agree babies and hospitals are hard for me too. If you ask any of Mick's med school buddies if they want to do anything in pediatrics they all say no. That they can't handle it. He is cute though in his little own!