Saturday, February 16, 2008

Brian & I went shooting today. It was actually my idea. Just thought it would be fun to do something for his birthday that he enjoyed. I shot a pistol for the first time. And I liked it. Well when he was shooting I was behind him & off to the side.......when all of a sudden something hits me in the eye!!! It broke my sunglasses!!! My eye started bleeding from my eyelid and it killed. I washed it out really good. When we got home it wasn't feeling any better. It was swollen & felt like something was stuck in there. So we took a trip to the ER. I got an eye exam & found that I had a scratched cornea. And that was causing the feeling like something was stuck in there. I got a prescription for an antibiotic ointment & some Lortab. So here is me in the room.

And here is Brian texting all his friends to tell them what happened. How rude!!

18 comments:

Leah and Dustin said...

Oh my gosh, Amber!!!! I'm just dying right now. Looking at that picture of you is so sad. Dustin was so excited that you were going shooting today, almost like you were going to blaze the trail for all of us other girls to go out shooting with our husbands. I feel so bad for you! Get some rest and take care of that eye!!

Leah and Dustin said...

Oh and I can almost hear Brian laughing about that!! Nice!

Heather said...

oh my HELL! Are you kidding me? WHAT hit you....did you find out? We were at the ER today too.

Caitlin said...

Oh, Amber! Russell wants to know what it was, too. Did you ever find out?

Hope you're feeling better - I'm sure that Lortab will help...

Amber said...

We aren't really sure what is was. A piece of the lead from the bullet got in there or once it hit my sunglasses a piece of my sunglasses cut my eye. Really we are not sure.

I slept really good last night. The ointment seems to be helping. But it is really swollen & sensitive to light.

Mucho take it easy... said...

What the??? I have never had that happen before! When mom told me, I was like "WHAT!!" I hope it doesn't hurt too much.

Next time you guys go though... I wanna go too. I would love to shoot that pistol, get some of my aggrssions out on out a beer can or something! :)
Oh, and since when is brian a texting freak?

Kimberly Church said...

oh my gosh! that is so crazy! Im glad its not more serious! Im sorry though.. i hope you get better!!

Cherine said...

Oh man I am sorry that is crazy. Another reason I will never shoot a gun. I am scared to death of them. Such a contrast between Jessie Brian and I..I am not a fan!!!

Get better!!

VivaLasFloyds said...

Oh Dang girl!! You better be careful or you might lose an eye!!!!

Hey, can you email me when you have time ( and can see). I need to ask you a question.
Carlak096@aol.com

Candace said...

oh my gosh! good thing you had your glasses on.

i'm so sorry. hope you're feeling better.

Michelle said...

Okay..that is why I won't go shooting with Eddy. You are so lucky you were wearing those glasses...poor thing. I hope you are felling better today:)

Sara said...

I am so sorry! I had no Idea! Is there anything that I can do. I haven't even been home for days. I'll call you in the morning!

Jen Rose said...

I cannot believe that happened! See, you should have gone with us to California. I'm SO sorry. And, I love the eye patch you sent me on my phone. Brian is killing me.

Lindsay said...

Wow. Thats crazy! My family has shot guns forever and I have never heard of that happening. You got to be the lucky 1 in a million that has that happen. I am so sorry. I hope it heals soon!!

Jennifer said...

I am so sorry about your eye! I sure hope it heals fast and that you can rest until it does!

chanel said...

man! see what being nice to your husband gets ya! you're tough!
hope it starts feeling better soon, eye scratches are sooo irritating!!!!

Melody said...

That sucks! I am so sorry! Hope you are feeling better?

Kim said...

Believe it or not I did almost the same thing a year and a half ago. I know how bad it hurts! That lortab will help! I hope you don't mind I was just jumping around some different blogs and found yours! Way cute! Hope you feel better soon!

Kim