Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Friend issues

Tanner had some issues today with his friend Espen. I called his mom to see if she was going to bring her kids over to play today & she told me that Tanner came to their house yesterday & asked to play with Espen's older brother & that he did not want to play with Espen. Well that hurt Espen's feelings and made him cry. I had no idea that this had happened & when she was telling me this I just kept apologizing. I was so embarrassed. When I picked up Tanner from school today , you can say we had a little talk. I asked him if he wanted to make him some cookies to take to him so he will know that Tanner was sorry & that he still wanted to be his friend. And Tanner said "Let Espen come over & make cookies with us." Espen came over and everything worked out. They played really well together. Tanner learned a lesson today that he needs to be careful what he says to his friends and how easy it is to hurt someone's feelings. I am glad things worked out.

No comments: