Will I survive these long summer days?
The fighting?
The heat?
The extra mouths that are home all day always wanting something to eat?
The 100 extra cups that I have to wash?
The question of everyday: "What are we doing today?"
The errands and grocery store trips with all the kids?
The heat? (oh I already said that) But it is dang hot. If only we had a pool or somewhere we could go uninvited.
Will I survive?
This week I started a little chore system with the kids. They are the biggest slobs and I am always the one picking up after them. I put some little papers in a bowl that had different chores on them. They each picked one and then came back for another. We only did it for one hour and we got a lot done. Then I paid them at the end of the day with some family bucks. They can earn these for doing chores and for other reasons too. But they can also get them taken away for fighting or not listening. I get to decide. Then they have to pay me for time on the computer or for other activities. I'm still trying to figure it out. Maybe I will also have a little family store with special treats/snacks and fun things for them to buy too. I hope this will last all summer.
I have also been making them read for 20 minutes everyday. They are excited about this because they are doing the summer reading program from the library.
I hope we all survive!!
2 comments:
Your chore system sounds like something I did with my kids a few years ago. I got stuff from the Target dollar bins and put them in a basket. Then they could choose to use their chore bucks for picking a treat or save up for more and get video games/computer time. It worked well, I was thinking I would start that again. Good luck with your's. Have fun this summer! BTW if you need a place to cool off, just call me, we have a pretty cool water slide thing. You guys can come over anytime!
Hey I feel ya! Thankfully I have been able to swim at friends houses pretty often but days we are home all day are the worst. Even with my kiddos being younger are bored and its stinkin hot here too. Hang in there seesta! :)
Post a Comment